Sunday, November 18, 2007

Squares, Squares Everywhere

Yesterday I finally found my Leisure Arts pamphlet for the famous 63 squares heirloom afghan. CrochetNinja has started a CAL for this over on Craftster:

which I've joined, and yesterday I posted a ticker here on the blog for the project. I figure if I do one a day, I will have it done by January 18. I'm definitely weaving in ends, adding borders, and joining as I go along...these are 7 inch squares so there will be a lot of joining. Inspired by the colors in the ticker, I think I will do the squares in green, yellow, and orange, and border with brown, because I think it will look like a vegetable garden!

I finished the 12" squares afghan a long time ago, I took pictures of it but still need to use the rest of the roll before I take it in to get developed. I adore this afghan so much, it is so fascinating to look at and very cozy.

I've also made a pet blanket out of plain single crochet 7" squares. It's twelve squares in various colors, and bordered in cream. It came out very nicely.

I also made a checkerboard blanket for my cat, nine light cream and beige squares, and edged with three rows of ruffly dark chocolate brown.

No comments: