Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Bags & Blankets

Bought some items at the vet's this morning and they were put into the World's Cutest Bag:

Cats & Dogs


I know, it's not like plastic bags were just invented or anything, but I thought it was neat. I'm easily amused, I guess.

We were in for nail trimming. I'm sure I'm not the only person in the world who can't trim their own dog's toenails? We're working on it, (it's one of my 12 resolutions for '05) but it's taking a long time (months) and meanwhile the nails keep on growing, so we keep having to go in and get them trimmed.

So, now we're home, and I can KNIT. I'm making a k2 p2 ribbed blanket for the kitty-a-long. I tried out the crochet stitch called the Griddle Stitch yesterday. (dc, sc on row 1 / sc, dc on row 2) I was rocketing along, liking the pattern with the white yarn very much, when I noticed a loop on the back. I frogged back patiently, re-did it, and went on. Noticed more loops. Turns out that because of the stitch pattern, any pull on the fabric will produce a loop, it is yarn tugging out of the next stitch. Most unsuitable for a kitty blanket, so I chalked it up as being a Really Big Swatch, and frogged the whole thing. I still want to make some blankets in crochet, because it's so much faster than knitting, but I need to try out some different patterns.

No comments: