Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Phlora

Phlora
Originally uploaded by
Horse Power.

Phlora the EllePhant was made for the Month of Softies May theme of "May Flowers". I'm not too well-versed with my sewing machine, but I dusted it off and managed to make myself an elephant. Phlora was inspired by another project entirely ~ the blanket was originally a swatch I made while trying to figure out what yarn to use for a Razor Shell stitch scarf. (The scarf pattern is here on the Naive Knitting blog ~ she calls it "Lace & Agate.")(There's also a second stunning view of it on her blog: Here)
Here's how my version of the scarf turned out:

Razor Shell Stitch Scarf
Originally uploaded by
Horse Power.

It's made with two strands of sock-weight yarn held together, and US10 needles. The little glass beads are shaped like leaves.

No comments: