Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Knitted Toys

Otto the Highland Bull
Originally uploaded by
Horse Power.

Here is Otto, so named because while I was knitting him I kept saying "I feel like I'm knitting an ottoman!" He is quite large ~ 21 inches from nose to tail. The pattern is from World of Knitted Toys by Kath Dalmeny. Otto is much bigger than the one in the book, because he is made from worsted weight wool instead of DK. (US 8 needles). Otto slid out like Bambi on ice on my desk. I adore him, he has so much character.

I've also made the shark and sea-turtle from the book ... and am currently working on the zebra.


Not only are there a lot of patterns in WOKT I want to try, I can also think of a million variations you could do with the basic shapes by changing the colors and details.

No comments: