Thursday, August 25, 2005

Key Lime Pie

I got my cookbook in the mail from a Favorite Recipe Swap and there are so many things in there I want to try! Here is the recipe that I sent in, it's really good! And I'm from Florida, so I know key lime pie...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Perfect Key Lime Pie

2 egg yolks (yolks only!)
2 14-oz. cans sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lime juice (I use "Nellie & Joe's Key Lime Juice")
9-10" Keebler Ready Graham crust or other ready-to-eat graham cracker crust

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Pour milk into large bowl. In another bowl beat the egg yolks with a hand-mixer until thick and light in color. Pour them into the milk. Add the lime juice. Mix until blended. Pour into a 9 x 12" glass baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes. (mixture will be bubbling a bit at the edges) Put mixture into crust (a spatula's helpful) and refrigerate, let chill for at least several hours before serving.

No comments: