Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Kitty's Excellent Adventure


Kitty
Originally uploaded by Horse Power.

My 16 year old cat found a loose corner of screen and got out of the porch and into the yard the other day. She's been an indoor kitty for 14 years. I'm glad she got to have her little adventure because I'm sure it was fun for her, I'm glad she was apparently too old to get over the fence, I'm glad none of the neighborhood cats or coons bothered her, and I'm glad I found her before I realized she had gotten out because if I had realized she wasn't in the house I just don't know what I would've done. As it was, I was in blissful ignorance of her escape for quite a while. I happened to take the dog into the backyard, settled into a lawn chair, and after another little while heard a familiar 'meow'. I recognized Lily's voice, but it sounded like it was coming from the bushes somewhere. I called Rosie over and told her to find the kitty, and she did........ she ran right over behind the ficus tree and was getting all excited. I went over there and there was my cat! Outdoors! In the grass! Looking very pleased with herself! I was so surprised that I almost had to look twice to be sure it wasn't some equally-orange neighbor cat, but of course it was my own little furby, whom I swooped up immediately and whisked back into the house. I'm very grateful she's home. So is Rosie.

Puppy

No comments: