Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Marvelous Mohair

Good Morning! Here is the mohair I ordered, isn't it BEAUTIFUL?? It's in a colorway called 'Fire'. It is going to be Ginny Bear. I also went to Walmart yesterday, at long last, and bought some red yarn to make Ron Bear, and even found the right yarn there to make the other half of Hermione Bear. Joanne's moved their store a couple months ago, and do you know I can't find the place? I drove by on another long-distance errand and did a quick look in the vicinity I know it's supposed to be, but didn't see it. I should just call and ask, but you know, they're so far away now I'd just as soon go to Walmart for the day-to-day stuff, and order online for the fancy stuff. I refuse to buy yarn from the other tiny local craft store (which will remain anonymous) ever since they stopped carrying any brand but Red Heart. That's right. A whole wall of nothing but Red Heart. Now, I'm not a yarn snob, but I sure didn't appreciate not being given ANY creative choice whatsoever, so I walked out.

But anyhow, back to the excitement of new yarn. I've never made anything with mohair, I looked it up on the net, and apparently it is made from GOAT hair. Cute, huh? I'm very fond of goats, they've always been friendly to me at the petting zoo. :D

Oh, while I was at Walmart, I picked up Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on DVD. This is the first DVD I've ever bought, I'm pretty excited about it. Had to get a little DVD player, too, so today I have to figure out to install the thing and then I will be able to watch this movie to my heart's content. :)

No comments: