Friday, March 17, 2006

Project Spectrum: RED

Ruff Flowerpot

~~~~~~
Ruff

~~~~~

In Progress pics, with all the accompanying accessories: the tiles, the Weldbond glue, the pretzels, the half pair of knitted socks........
Ruff Begins Ruff in Progress

Story of a Flowerpot: Once upon a time, I ordered 2 sets of tiles from an ebay seller, and it was one of those deals where she could get 3 in the envelope for the same postage, so I ordered these red, white, and black tiles with pawprints and hearts and dog related themes. And there they sat in the stash, month after month, year after year, until one day Project Spectrum came along, and I said "Hey! I have red tiles in there!" So I found the tiles, and some cute red rounds from Mosaic Basics, too, and voila. One trip to the hardware store for fresh grout and a salvia, and here it is. I am so happy with how it turned out. I even found a heart shape to paint with my Porcelaine markers and make into a plant stake. (I'm making a flowerpot for 'pink', too, should be ready to grout soon)

I was playing around with tags on Flicker last night. Still not entirely sure how those work, but I found quite a lot of Project Spectrum folks out there by trying different combos of the following tags: projectspectrum spectrum project red march ~ and quite a few here:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/project_spectrum/pool/

Lessee, what else..... I've started a Second Sock-along on Craftster so I can finish the mate to the tiger sock (which happens to be in the thumbnail above). I finished Scamp the dog, pics coming soon. And Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

Ceiling Contractors San Marcos said...

I enjoyed this post thanks for sharing.