Monday, October 24, 2005

I Can Knit Socks!

Woo-hoo! It's a sock! Well, it's Knitty's Training Sock. It's a sock-like object.Point is, it has A CUFF. And A TURNED HEEL. And a TOE. It has gussets, people.
I started this this morning during hurricane Wilma. Decided it would be good to have something to focus on. Next thing I know I'm knitting a cute little sock.

We are fine. The power stayed on, despite a fair bit of flickering, although the TV and internet were off much of the day. There is also a huge tree mostly down in the backyard, I am sad it has fallen. The squirrels loved it. I'm hoping it will grow back. Funny thing ~ Sunday it was summer, Monday a hurricane went through, and now it is winter. It's going to be in the 40's tonight!

2 comments:

SylvChezPlum said...

Godd to hear you're fine. And too bad for the tree, it's always sad.

I also did the Knitty training sock, was a good tut, and now I want to make some for myself too. Loove the colors of yours (the rasberry one I mean), plus they must be comfy with the low ankle !

Horse Power said...

Thank you, Sylv.

The sock IS comfy, and warm ~ I wore it to bed last night ~ good incentive to finish the other one :D
The second sock has already been cast on and is well on its way to having a cuff.