Thursday, September 08, 2005

New Plans

The new Knitty is up! My favorite is FLORA . I might make the whole scarf, or I might just make the flower and put it on a bag. I love flower patterns! Best of all, I don't have to buy anything new, since I have natural wool I can dye any color with Koolaid, plus several floral colors in the stash.

I have to figure out how to put this zebra together today and give her a mane and tail.

I'm already looking forward to my next animal project, which will be a little bunny in a dress. My mom saved this pattern out of a magazine many years ago and gave it to me, back when I was first learning to knit. At the time I was making garter stitch squares and didn't think I'd ever be able to do anything as wonderful as a stuffed animal, but I kept the pattern anyway, because, well, you know, my mom gave it to me. All these years, through moves and closet declutters, I always kept the pattern, and now I think I can really make one. It will be a nice way to remember her, while I make the rabbit.

No comments: