Friday, July 08, 2005

Friday Update

I finished Chamber of Secrets. It is so nice to be reading fiction again, and so nice that these books are in Large Print.

The only thing I'm knitting right now is Clapotis II, and I don't want to post a pic until she's finished because the color choices are kind interesting.... and you'll need to see the whole thing to get the full effect. 80% of the time I think it's the coolest thing ever, and the other 20% I'm thinking "Frog! Frog now before you go any farther!" Image hosted by But I've gone too far to stop now. And besides, I really am starting to think I love it. Image hosted by She's made entirely from yarn I already owned, and will have 2 long tassels. There might be a few more embellishments if I can find a few items in the craft closet.

The Illustration Friday theme this week is "Metropolitan". This is even harder than last week's "Sport" since I mostly like to draw plants and animals, but I will try to come up with something.

On a drive, I noticed that they've torn down another area for construction. It used to be dense and green with beautiful old oak trees. Now it's mostly an expanse of sand. There is a sign out front proclaiming that there is a new subdivision coming. The name of the subdivision..... and I swear I'm not making this up........will be "Oak Forest." *Sigh.*

No comments: