Monday, July 25, 2005

Swatch 5

Swatch 5: Because I just can't let it go.

Thomasina ~ who made the beautiful facecloth I linked to yesterday ~ left me some tips in the Comments yesterday. She steered me back to the Make One increase, so I made yet another swatch. Only this time I used the good stuff. Yes ~ my precious Lorna's Laces. I figured I could always frog it after I figured out what in the world I was doing.

I learned that:
a. doing make one increases with quality wool & light needles is a million times easier than with cheap crochet cotton & heavy needles.
b. doing make one increases in a variegated yarn is a million times easier than a solid color. It was interesting to learn that, if I had purple stitches on my needle with a row of yellow just below, that my new stitch was also purple and blended right in. Good to know.

Swatch 5 is not big enough to photograph yet, but it is a pretty pretty thing. So pretty that I'm toying with the idea of letting it have the reins and seeing what it turns into.

No comments: